Students from non-EU/EEA countries – University of Copenhagen

Students from non-EU/EEA countries

The Master of Medicines Regulatory Affairs programme welcomes international students.

Residence permits and visas

Students from non-EU/EEA countries must obtain a visa before entering Denmark. Visa requirements to enter the country vary, so you must consult the Danish embassy or consulate in your area. More information can be found at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Please note that admission to a part-time study programme does not warrant a residence permit as a student. For further information, please contact the Danish Immigration Service.

Proficiency in English

  • Scandinavian applicants (including Danish applicants) are required to document proficiency in English corresponding to at least English B level; cf. Section 11 of the Danish Ministerial Order on Admission at Universities.
  • Applicants from an English-speaking country and/or applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in English do not need further documentation of English proficiency. Applicants must submit documentation certifying that their Bachelor's/Master’s degree was earned in English.
  • Applicants from outside Scandinavia who speak or write English as a second language must pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS/Academic) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to document their qualifications in English. The minimum acceptable score for IELTS is 6.5 and for TOEFL 560 on the paper test, or 83 on the internet-based test. For more information about the tests: and

Accommodation in Copenhagen

At the Visit Copenhagen website you can find information about accommodation possibilities in Copenhagen during the courses